Kids with Canines Classes are scheduled occasionally at The Puppy Perfectors.
Kids seven and up with a dog eight weeks or older* will learn basic skills for future handling in conformation, obedience, agility and other dog competitions and sports as well as games and tricks in The Puppy Perfectors Kids with Canines class. This is the perfect class for kids and dogs to have fun, exercise and bond.
What to bring to class:
- A slightly hungry dog
- Lots (more than you think you’ll use) very small food rewards. The best food rewards are pea-sized, light in color and soft. Ideal food rewards include: white cheese, hot dogs, meat (roasted or boiled)
- Buckle collar
- No longer than 6 foot nylon or leather leash
- Bait pouch (or wear a vest or pants with roomy pockets)
- Tug toy if your dog is toy motivated
- Kids should wear running/laced shoes and clothes appropriate for running, kneeling, etc.
Hey, kids! Learn more about fun with your dog at the American Kennel Club website.